Concrete Corporation was founded by Lumar Fourie. Armed with 10 years’ experience, passion and innovativeness to push the boundaries of concrete product design, with a modern and industrial twist.
Best of all, you don’t have to follow yesterday’s rules when it comes to design. One example: The sink, tub, and toilet no longer have to be the same or similar material and color. Instead, more designers are deliberately making the sink stand out so it acts as a focal point for the room.
Services & Products
Concrete Kitchen Tops
Concrete Bathroom Tops
Bar / Restaurant / Café Tables
Concrete Braai Benchtops
Concrete Tiles and Wall Cladding
Miscellaneous Concrete Products
TONS OF SAND & STONE USED
KG'S OF CEMENT USED
METERS OF CONCRETE TOPS INSTALLED
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
All spills should be cleaned as they occur. A damp cloth or a natural cleaning solution should be used to clean spills. Avoid the use of abrasive cleaners or products containing bleach or caustic substances.More Details
Although all our tops are sealed, making them resistant to general household spills, we recommend that spills are wiped as they occur, especially in the first 4-6 weeks following installation.More Details
Size, scope and complexity of the countertop are the major factors that determine price. Speciality edges, integral sinks, custom insets etc. incur additional manufacturing costs.More Details
The specifications of each bench top are unique and based on the requirements an estimated manufacturing time will be given at the time that a deposit is received. Time is needed to make the mould, pour and polish the concrete bench top.More Details
Concrete is not a homogenous, uniform material. Just like natural wood or stone, the finished concrete’s appearance can have subtle aesthetic variations of shade, colour or pattern, depending on the materials used, the casting and curing process and the processing and finishing techniques.More Details
Often concrete benchtops can be designed without seams. Seams may be located around sinks and cooktops, or wherever required for structural reasons. Or, seams may be necessary due to the logistics of getting the slabs into the house if stairs or corners are involved. Concrete Republic will work with you to design seam placement that is both structurally sound and aesthetically pleasing. Seams are typically 3mm – 5mm wide, similar to tile grout lines. However, it is important to realize that concrete benchtops are handmade and hand processed; they are not machine cut, so tolerances for seams are more generous than with Marble or granite. Seam appearance is minimized by using clear or grey silicone.More Details
Do’s and Dont’s
• Frequently wipe clean with a soft clean microfiber cloth.
• Clean kitchen tops using warm water. Dry afterwards with soft clean microfiber cloth.
(Do not use harsh ammonia and abrasive kitchen cleaners)
• Blot up spills immediately (do not rub) before they penetrate the concrete surface.
• Wipe your kitchen top as soon as possible when it came in contact with cooking oil.
While stains are rare, they are caused most frequently by cooking oil.
• Do not leave acidic liquids like vinegar, lemon juice, soft drinks, wine ect on concrete for they can etch, penetrate the surface and dull the finish.
• Do not use cleaners containing bleach, ammonia, acid or alkaline (bathroom cleaners).
• Do not store bottles of cooking oil on your concrete tops.
• Do not store metal pots and pans on your granite as rust can stain the concrete.
• Do not slide appliances, utensils, pots or pans on polished granite; they may scratch the polished surface.
• Do not apply stone sealers that don’t penetrate the concrete, these harsh solvents are hard to remove eventually.
• Do not sit or stand on the work surface.
• Do not cut directly on your concrete top as it will blunt your utensils and damage the concrete top. Rather use a cutting board.
12 STEENBOK STREET
BLOCK O, KOEDOESPOORT INDUSTRIAL
083 979 6016